Wednesday, November 10, 2010

chapter 33

Hot Media: starved rock photo

Cool Media:
charlie brown


"What is going on in our minds has always been, and will always be, a product of society."
I'm not sure how I feel about this statement, though I know we've discussed it in class before. I just feel that we truly do still develop some of our own thoughts. Perhaps it really is all influenced by society in some distant way but that is the same as to say we're all "distantly related" or something.

It goes on to say that we do not completely control the contents of our minds. This, I agree with because we could never completely control our minds. There is of course a great amount of influence from our surroundings and past. However, I can't believe our entire mind is a product of society.


The notion people carry that their minds cannot be broken into by media is of course ridiculous, that's exactly what advertisement does; and it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment